Update from this article to 27.06.2013
Here is the BETA Version of HurryCover 2 for InDesign CS4, CS5+, CS6 and CC (Mac/Win).
We are proud to announce today the BETA release of HurryCover 2 for InDesign CS4, CS5+, CS6 and CC (Mac/Win). This tool allows you to create perfectly sized hard covers or dust jackets which you can easily re-adjust the dimensions, the spine, the back and/or front flaps whenever you want. If the document needs to be updated according to new measurements, HurryCover automatically moves the layout components the required distance and ensures that guides and fold marks always fit the related dimensions. Feel free to bring below your feedbacks, reports, and ideas!
HurryCover 1 was a pretty rudimentary script intended for InDesign CS-CS3 users. It has provided them a valuable service for over five years but it had various issues and serious limitations. HurryCover 2 is a complete overhaul rewritten from scratch. It now requires InDesign CS4 or later to take advantage of the most advanced functionalities of the scripting environment, including GUI features.
Here are some of the key features:
- InDesign CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC compatible, Mac OS and Windows platforms.
- New user interface, providing either English, French, or German language depending on your InDesign localisation.
- Supports all usual InDesign measurement units: agates, ciceros, centimeters, inches, millimeters, picas. (You can instantly switch from one to another without leaving HurryCover.)
- Front and back flap support, including turn-in thickness.
- Custom printer's marks, fold marks and guides for spine and flaps.
- Automatic repositioning and “Smart resize” algorithms.
- Metadata manager.
Meet us on the site of Hurry Cover at and expect all abaout this area!For the ancient version of InDesign (CS3 and older) you have to download the version ago.